Endoscopy patients should expect a phone call 1-3 days preceding their procedure from a nurse in the endoscopy department to ask questions regarding health history. This will take approximately 5-15 minutes, depending on their health history and any additional questions.
Here is additional information for endoscopy patients:
- Have a legal driver designated to take you home following the procedure; we prefer they remain at the facility the entire time your procedure is taking place.
- Wear comfortable clothing, such as exercise pants.
- Leave valuables at home (examples: purses, watches, jewelry).
- Bring a state- or government-issued identification card and insurance information.
- Women of childbearing age should expect to do a urine pregnancy test prior to the procedure.
- Please obtain and follow all preparation instructions from your doctor's office.
- Length of stay: 30-60 minutes following procedure's completion.